Saturday, January 16, 2010

Everybody Clean Up

I'm always trying to find new ways to get my kids to help clean the house. My favorite so far (and theirs too) is, for every chore they complete they get a big hug and kiss from mom. They eat it up! But, hugs and kisses only go so far.

My newest tactic; time! Kids LOVE beating the clock, so I play on that. While I fold laundry, or do dishes, or even clean up with them I count either up to five or from five down to one. In that time they need to have picked something up. After they have an item in hand they have ten seconds to put it away. It works like a charm, and they love it!

This is how good they did today. I love my kids! I also love how at the end Emma gets all model-ish on me and stoically gazes into the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment