Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Addition to the Family

At the beginning of the year we enrolled Emma into Piano, she was in Karate but I think the girl hormone kicked in a bit and she really started wanting to learn how to play the piano or how to sing. We went with piano lessons. She's been loving them! She seems to be a bit of a natural too. Then again, she's only been to a handful of lessons.
When we enrolled her we decided she needed something that resembled a piano so she could practice. We found a little keyboard on amazon for $11, yeah I should have know... It' sounds like we maybe got a $5 value out of it. We were totally disappointed. Emma, not really knowing any better was totally stoked about it and she practiced like crazy, resulting in our ears bleeding.

The other night as I was surfing Cragslist I decided to look under pianos, just to see what we could find, Ryan asked me what I was looking for and when I told him I was looking for pianos, hoping to find a good one for under $1000, it must have struck a cord with him because then he started looking and decided that he really really wanted one. We figured an upright would fit well in our family room and that we would have some very strict rules on when it could be played and when it would be off limits.
So as we're looking on Craigslist we find an upright piano that was in good condition for $600. Needless to say it was a steal of a deal. We contacted the owners and went to look at it the next day. When we showed up to look at it we noticed right off that it was a pretty small piano. Which suited us fine. I fell in love with it, and I think it's perfect. We bought it and brought it home last night.
The kids love having something new to play with, they're really good with it and know not to be too hard.
Our house feels more like a home with a piano and I'm grateful we have the opportunity to learn and enjoy music in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Buying a piano was one of our favorite investments! Now if only I could play...maybe someday, until then my hubby is in charge of teaching the kiddos. It really does make your house feel like a home and there's nothing better than listening to hymns being played on Sundays and other fun music throughout the week. Congrats on your purchase!

    ReplyDelete