Friday, January 15, 2010

New Technology

Lately we've run into phone trouble. First, our home phone started dieing without notice, and when a cordless phone dies without notice I can't find it when I push the page button. So we had to start relying on my prepaid cell phone. Which we got for emergencies. But honestly, it adds up fast when the only think you use is a prepaid cell that runs out of minutes way too fast. So then we get another cordless it worked beautifully for the first 2 days, then one of the kids either dunked it in water or pored water all over it. Needless to say, that one is out of commission.

We started thinking and we have found that for the same price as our home phone, internet and one cell we can get unlimited messeging, unlimited data, e-mail and 550 minutes with 2 cell phones. We don't talk on the phone much anyways, most of the time I prefer to text. So we will be dissconecting our home phone, our internet and storing my piece of junk prepaid phone and will be using a cell phone for all of that. Maybe the cell phone will go to Emma once she's old enough for it. Then again, we could add another line use parent controls, and now-a-days they have 'family locate' where they can track the phone by GPS and even give you turn my turn directions. That sounds good to me. We'll have to see where that goes though.

So all in all, I honestly hope that going with cell phones works out. I hope we're satisfied with the service and that we don't regret signing a two year contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment