Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Feeling Day

I woke up today and felt happy. I love that. And I think it's because I made a super awesome Jell-o mold the night before. I got the idea from my friend Kimber, she inspired me. Plus it looked so stinkin fun and I had to make it! The girls had such a fun time helping! I love rainbows, I've always thought they were gorgeous. I kinda don't like that gay people use it for a gay symbol, not that I don't like gays, I just don't like people thinking I'm gay cause I like rainbows.

ANYWAYS, here is my jello!
It's beautiful!

And, the best part, I get to take it to family dinner tomorrow! And I know everyone will be giving me rave reviews about it, if they don't then I'll give myself enough rave reviews to make up for it.

Also, as I was laying in bed at 6:00am after getting Ryan's lunch and sending him out the door for work I told myself it was going to be a good day. I made the choice to have a good day and it's been an amazing day! There's still the kids fighting and the house that's a mess but I'm more able to handle it today, I'm not freaking out and yelling and I'm making the girls talk through their disagreements. Yay for good parenting!

Another reason I'm happy, it's so pretty outside today! It snowed like crazy and it's the awesome snow that sticks to the branches on the trees and makes everything look white and gray, I like white and grays. I passed a house on the Annis Highway on my way to my moms today and it had one of those trees that has the little red berries that taste horrible, but, with the snow and the red it was so pretty! I wished I had my camera, today is such a good day for pictures!

On a sad note, something that was really hard, about a week and a half ago we were adopted by a cat. He just came up to our back door put his front paws up on the glass and meowed. I love animals and can't turn one down so I put some tuna fish out for it and he stayed by our door all night (which I hated, it was cold and I didn't want him outside freezing) and in the morning he left. When night came again he was back! So I fed him some more, made sure he had a towel to curl up on and let him in for a little while, we then found out that Kaylyn as well as Ryan is allergic to cats. Fun. So this pattern continued and I had even posted an add on craigslist, trying to find him an indoor home (he was de-clawed).
Then one day as I was getting lunch ready Emma came running to me saying she saw the cat being chased my a black dog. I stuck my head out but didn't see him or the dog and decided I would wait it out. That night he showed up but he was limping. So, sure enough, the dog got him, his back leg at least. About three days passed and he wasn't making any improvement, and we didn't have the money to take him to the vet so we made the decision to take him to animal control in IF. As we're there the lady tells me that if he's injured bad enough the best thing to do would be just to euthanize him. I cried when we left and for about the rest of the evening.
The next day I called the animal shelter and asked what happen to him, the lady told me that the vet had examined him, and his leg was broken and also very badly infected. So it was either amputate the leg or euthanize him. So they euthanized him, I cried like crazy. He was such a sweet cat, he was even good with the kids, he didn't mind them crowding or snuggling him. I was so very sad. I had really hoped they would be able to fix him, and adopt him out to a good home. I know they did what was best though, I don't think for a minute they put him down cause it was the easiest thing, it was the best option they had. They're in the business of saving animals and they do an amazing job at it.



To the cat who adopted me.

Today is still a super happy day, I'm generally a happy person, fast to smile and all that jazz but days like these are super happy, like my hormones glued a smile on my face. It's great! So, go have a happy day!! Decide to have a happy day, it makes a difference. And do the best by your kids, everything you do should be for their benefit. I know that in no way ties to this post but it's true.


No comments:

Post a Comment