Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution

It's a new year and I've seen a lot of my friends post or blog about their goals for this year. I've loved seeing all of them, they inspire and motivate me. But, I've always sucked at my new year goals, and they're generally the same every year. Like such...

1. Be more spiritual
2. Loose weight
3. Be a better wife/mother
4. Become more organized

And I fail every year.
This year I was reading a friend of mine's blog and I noticed that she only picks ONE goal a year and does her best to fulfill it. She does so many awesome things, and amazes me (and every one else) with her ability to accomplish about 587.19 things a day without breaking a sweat (Kimber, if you're reading this, I'm talking about you!). Her goal this year is to love. Just that, improve on loving. And I think it's something we could all work on, I do want to work on this, but I wanted to work on so many other things too and after giving it a ton of thought I realized what my goal this year will be...

HOME

That covers a lot though, huh? Not really, just my home and those in it. I have decided that when I'm here and any of my loved ones are too, they will be in a home they love. I want it to be a place of wonderful memories and them knowing that I love them and care about their thoughts and everyday adventures. I want this place to be their safe haven.
I will be organizing a whole lot more. Which will be easy, along with a new year, we are also renting a new house! So most things are still in boxes.
This year will be a good one, I can feel it. That's odd to say, but, I really do. When I think of the things I will be doing and where I see them going, it feels... great. There will be more baking, more playing, more movie watching in the dark with homemade popcorn, more forts made out of anything we can get our hands on in the living room, more porch swings while I hold my husband's hand and more snuggling 4 kids and reading books.
I will be making that old adage come true, I will be making my house, a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment