Friday, January 21, 2011

5:20am

I'm up before 5am today. Not because I really want to be, but because the baby was hungry and it's my job to feed her. Yes, I could have gone back to sleep, but if I would have, I know I would have slept until 9 (cause I do it almost everyday!) That is a bad thing because then the whole day seems to fly by and I don't accomplish everything I need to. So here I am, writting a journal entry of sorts.

Things have been really good, and a little crazy. The kids are sick, each in their own stage of sickenss, but all sick. Obviously the main one I'm really worried about it Kevlie, being so young and all. We will be blessing her this Sunday (the 23rd) and will only be staying for sacrament. Which will be sad, I'm sure everyone will want to peek at her and exclaim how freaking adorable she is. Sorry in advance, while I know becoming ill would be worth it, I just can't bring myself to.
Ryan and I finally made it to the temple this week! I'm not saying this in a 'look how rightious we are' sort of thing, I'm saying it cause it's been over 4 years... that's a long time. It was wonderful to go, and amazing that I could go with my husband, I'm so grateful for him. After we got home and got the kids settled back into their daily activities I was pondering on the experience and realized that my spirit felt... full. You know how they'll talk about 'feeding our spirits' and we do that with scripture study and prayer, fasting and service, stuff like and that's how we keep our spirits fed and healthy, well, I felt positively plump. And it was awesome. I love how peaceful and centered I feel. And determined, I know what I need to do and I'm dead set on doing it.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to work on my goal this year, and I've been making progress, in most areas. I don't know if it's cause Ryan's home or if it's cause the kids have been feeling ucky (probably the ucky part the most) but this week hasnt been too great, there have been days where all I do is snuggle sick kids (alternating between rubbing or patting them, per demand). And I can tell you, my house is looking oh so very sad. There has been at least one day that we skipped school and I'm starting to feel like I'm rather burried and can't dig myself out. Ryan has been awesome and will do anything he can to help me, including cheering me on or calming me down with reasurance, I'm sure the calming me down is in hopes to avoid an emotional breakdown on my part, lol, poor guy.

In my efforts to bettter mine and my families home life I've been reading a lot of General Conference talks. This morning I found and read this one, I don't have teenagers, yet, but I think the things that are addressed here can be applied to my life. Most of all the five things to do that will strengthen familes. We do about one of those, the family dinner. We have seriously slacked on the rest and it's killing me. I feel like I need to redirect my family and that we should be centered around Christ and the Gospel. ]

Wish us luck in our adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment