Tuesday, November 30, 2010

At the End of the Day

Since Ryan is out of town, being a mom of four kids can be a little... hard sometimes. So after the older kids are in bed and while I'm waiting for Kevlie to conk off, this is what I give myself to celebrate another day that I haven't flown off the handle with any of my wonderful kids.


Nothing too fancy, I know, but the $.50 wine glass helps with that.

It's simple, and I'm ok with that. After a full day of hearing and joining the kids in play (which can't seem to be done unless their internal volume dial is turned to MAX), something simple helps pull myself back to center. I get to sit, eat something yummy and stare at the Christmas tree with it's pretty lights. It feels good.


I've always been a fan of simple things, I've found that most of the time, they bring the most joy into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment