Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rag Curlers

I've been finding out that I'm kinda spontaneous. I will write out a list of things that I want to accomplish in a day and not have any desire or motivation to get it done but I'll seriously deep clean the laundry room or fridge or I'll wash every piece of clothing in the house. It's odd, and I don't like it much, and I'm working on changing that, cause I'm a big believer that you can change almost anything about yourself you might not like.
Cue Saturday night, the kids have been bathed and are in jamas, ready for bed. I'm sitting on the couch with Ry, thinking about what I'm going to do with the girls' hair in the morning and wishing I could curl they're hair, with something that wouldn't hurt them and actually stay in all night. Then, for some reason I got this mental picture of a little girl in a white, long nightgown, holding a stuffed animal and in rag curlers, I was inspired! I Googled cloth curlers and came up with this site, here. My cousin, Melissa let me know that they're actually called rag curls, which makes much more sense.

I used a few squares of Ryan's old jeans that we were going to use as quilting squares, and cut them into, about, 1 by 5 inches long. After doing a few curls I figured out it was much easier to split the ends and tie those.

We made a video to explain the rolling process, it's a bit complicated in the written word.



This is after all the curlers are in and I think she looked so cute! And, think of the colors of fabric you could use! SO many fun colors!

The after! The curls stayed in for at least 24 hours and would still be going if she hadn't have showered, they slowly relaxed which I thought was super cute, I really liked them. I think it's the way to go, for us at least, where curlers are involved.

Well, there you have it, my spontaneous Saturday night, chuck full of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment