Sunday, March 27, 2011

Belonging to, do I Dare Say it..... A Clan?

A while ago a friend of mine wrote a blog about her clan, her people, and at the time I thought, 'man, that would rock (having a clan)', and after this past week, I wonder if I've had a breakthrough and might belong to this clan... I guess another way of saying it, is, from what I've gone through, anytime I see a babywearing mama (or papa) I'm going to feel a bond, a connection with them. More so then I did 7 days ago.

Ryan left for work Monday morning, pretty much the whole time he was here he wore Kevlie (he's such a Kevlie hog while he's home!), and once he left, I didn't wear her as much as he did and at night, I wouldn't wear her at all, really. That's mostly cause I would want to be in bed and we would be laying down. But for the past week she would be SO fussy! Like keep me up till midnight screaming, fussy. I've tried feeding, changing, rubbing, patting and bathing her. Nothing helped. I was seriously getting to that place where I just wanted to put her down and leave the room. I almost did a couple of times, but then I would think of her crying and obviously needing SOMETHING. At that time, I would stop, say a little prayer and try once again to help her. Tonight, I despereately needed to do some dishes and she was getting fussy, so I tossed her in a Wrapsody and started washing. She quieted down and fell asleep, WITHOUT crying. I almost cried with relief.
I am so thankful for Kimber Tower, for introducing me to babywearing and Angela, Marie and Natalie for being rad and teaching me more about wearing my baby. And for the babywearing community that has developed in the area, cause if I didn't know these awesome ladies, my baby would still be crying, and probably me along with her.

But, she's sleeping! And I'm a tired, happy mama.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Baywearing to the rescue. I just wraped my little 5 day old yesterday for the first time and he loved it, and I loved being able to get dinner going.

    ReplyDelete