Monday, December 7, 2009

FLY (Finally Loving Yourself)

So those who know me, know that I am a horrible house keeper. I should revise that, I'm a good house keeper, I just don't do any house keeping. My mom helped me see the difference in the last two statements the other day, thanks mom.

It seems I always have something better to do then clean my house or do any dishes, or laundry... There's always the kids, I love playing with my kids, seeing them grow and learn because I'm involved with them makes me so happy.

But, when Ryan comes home and the house looks like we played 'pull-out-every-box-of-graham-crackers-and-smash-them-into-the-carpet' kinda stresses him out. So I've been trying to do better, and it's been working. My mom told me that when I keep a clean house there's this joy you get from it, you feel better because you can actually do things in your house. You're not trying to avoid stepping on toys, over clothes or food. I can focus on my kids more (which is what my excuse for not cleaning was!) I can see the little things they do that crack me up, Daniel, when he falls asleep, he HAS to have the blanket pulled over his head. When the room I'm in is a mess I don't SEE my kids, I see the mess, I worry about the mess. And Kaylyn, when she learns something new, she giggles, we've been doing Preschool together and so we've been learning (and giggling) a lot. I think it's so funny. Emma, wow, I never realized the impact a clean house would have on her, she's such a good helper to me, she doesn't complain (too often) when I ask for help. And she's such good sister when she isn't stressed about the messy place she use to live in. I guess what I'm saying is, when I do what I should, I'm free to let other things in.

I've always had a problem with keeping my house clean, the closer I am to the Lord the easier and more effortless I find it, but it's always seemed so endless for me, so overwhelming. Until I found FLY Lady, it has been what's helped me the most with all of this. Here's a link. I love that it isn't a clean all day, all night sort of thing. There are two, maybe three chores you do a day and that's it. But there are also the routine things you do in the day that help you get the place clean. But those are the things you do everyday, like I said, routine. I'm so happy I found this site, I'm glad I learned I can get things done a little at a time. I don't have to be overwhelmed or overburdened with my house. It's something I enjoy now. So I share this with my friends and family, in hopes that it will help you like it's helped me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I so needed this! Today it was let's play "dump out the bag of pop corn and smash it into the carpet". Other days its cheerios, crackers, pretzel...and so on. *Sigh* It's true that I feel much better with a clean home and I can truly relax and enjoy my time with Payton instead of spending the time with her worrying how much longer until I have to stop and clean. And it makes for a very happy hubby when they come home and don't find a disaster zone! I'll have to read up more on that site. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete