Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Puppy or Baby?

First blog, yay me!

Right now the house is mostly quiet. Emma is at school, hopefully having a good time. Kaylyn is thinking about what she wants for lunch while watching TV and Daniel, sweet, destructive Daniel is napping. I'm re-cooping from being sick, I feel like I can get caught up with the house work, and yes that's why I'm sitting her at my laptop and not cleaning.

Anyways, the title of this blog is really the pressing matter. Recently Ryan asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I got brave and told him I wanted a dog. Previously we had agreed that we wouldn't get a dog until our youngest was four. But, I've been so hungry for something to cuddle and baby talk to that it's killing me. When I told him and flat out told me "No". In just that tone of voice too. I was half kidding when I asked him the first time but then I really started to think about it, and then I REALLY started to want one more. Generally I can keep my wanting a puppy below the surface, barely. I've failed this time, I hang my head in shame.
So, I thought I'd get sneaky, give him an ultimatum and get me a dog. So we're on our way back from the Falls one night this past week, and I get the nerve to tell him that if he doesn't get me a dog, then I want a baby. I seriously thought he'd freak about the baby thing and go rushing to get me a dog. Nope, he's leaning towards a BABY! I'm ok with that, I love babies, I love everything about them. But, they don't stick their butts in the air when they want to play. Now, I need to figure out if I'm ready to have another baby for if I need to tell him I really want a dog, because obviously subtlety hasn't worked. I really want a dog for Christmas, but I may end up getting pregnant instead, I could really smack myself for the ideas I have sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. okay that is a serious dilema...
    i honestly don't know..though i'm leaning towards the baby side myself...i also want a scottish terrier..
    so totally a dilema. ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sara what an entry into blogdom! I love your subtle way of trying to get what you want! Good luck!

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. cousin.You can't have on a dog in an appartment.See ya RACHEL.

    Tawnya said, I don't know...they both mean more work for you. Dogs whine, need a bath, have to be fed, cleaned up after, and sometimes they bark through the night. Sure you want one?

    ReplyDelete