Thursday, November 12, 2009

First Real Snow of the Season... I Think.

Tonight, Ryan and I went to dinner, without the kids in tow! Not that we don't love our kids and cherish the time we spend with them, but all the same it was wonderful to spend some time with my husband as my husband and not a father. Yesterday was his birthday! Yay Ryan!
On our way to Craigo's it started snowing! It snowed like crazy, it was beautiful. On the way home I was insightful enough to point out to Ryan that when you drive and it's snowing it looks like your in warp drive in outer space. I'm deep, I know.
Things got a little dicey the closer we got to home, I hate driving in snow, although I wasn't the one who was driving. The snow was coming down so hard it was difficult to see. Oh, and while we were eating Emma called me and told me she was scared we would get hurt. So, needles to say, I was a little freaked out, hoping that Emma didn't somehow become psychic and know we were going to end up dying horribly. Which we didn't.
But after we got home Ryan was awesome enough to run out in the cold and get the kids' some snowballs! Which they promptly started eating. Well, Daniel threw his a couple of times first. Smart kid.

Emma and her snowball (sorry about the unmade bed in the background :/ )

Kaylyn showing off her beautiful snowball (I love the face she has, she cracks me up)

Daniel going to town on his snowball

All in all, a wonderful, adventure filled night! We're so lucky to have our kids and we know it. And I'm so lucky to have Ryan as a husband, yeah he drives me crazy sometimes and I do the same to him, but after we're done being stupid we're smart enough to say sorry and move on with our lives and be better people. And if you ask me that's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment